Dry Eyes Treatment
Book An Appointment!
Tears are not just a proverbial comfort for the soul but are very essential for the eyes. They are responsible for providing lubrication to eyes which in turn maintains vision and comfort. When tear ducts are not functioning properly or not provide adequate lubrication, a condition called Dry Eyes occurs. It is one of the most common eye conditions and gets ignored by a majority of the people. If you are experiencing the symptoms of Dry Eyes you need to act before it’s too late and contact a highly recommended eye specialist like Dr. Peter L. Menger, MD, at Menger Eye Center in New York for the complete Dry Eyes treatment.
What benefits you will get from Dry Eyes treatment by Dr. Peter L. Menger, MD, at Menger Eye Center?
- Finest treatment plan tailored to individual needs
- Optimum results
- Effective & lasting prevention
Why Choose Dr. Peter L. Menger, MD, for Dry Eyes treatment?
Board certified ophthalmologist Dr. Peter L. Menger, MD, is an experienced eye specialist who treats a wide range of eye conditions effectively and efficiently. Dr. Menger’s perfectly tailored treatment plan yield successful results because of the personalized way he consults patients and gives a clear picture of the disease and how the treatment will work.
If you feel Dry Eyes then fill our contact form or call now for the best Dry Eyes treatment in New York.
Dry Eyes Questions & Answers:
What is meant by Dry Eyes?
Tears mostly include water which provides moisture but they also consist of oil based lubricants and mucus that spreads them across the eye evenly. Proteins and antibodies are also present to give resistance to infections. When there is an imbalance in this tear-flow system, it affects the flow and quality of tears which causes Dry Eyes.
What are the symptoms of Dry Eyes?
Symptoms of Dry Eyes include:
- Blurred vision
- Light sensitivity
- Stinging, burning sensation
- Feeling of some foreign substance in eyes
- Difficulty wearing contact lenses
- Difficulty while driving at night
- Watery eyes
What are the causes of Dry Eyes?
For most patients, decreased tear production is the main cause of Dry Eyes. However, increased tear production can be a cause as well.
Causes for decreased tear production:
- Certain medical conditions affecting ability to make tears
- Antihistamines as well as drugs for birth control, high BP and Parkinson’s disease
- Laser eye surgery
- Damage to tear gland
Causes for increased tear production:
- Climatic: Dry air, smoke or wind
- Less blinking
- Eyelids/Tear Duct problems
Which factors increase the risk of Dry Eyes?
These factors include:
- Age 50 and above.
- Pregnancy, menopause and birth control pills.
- Diet with low volume of vitamin A and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Frequent use of contact lenses.
How are Dry Eyes treated?
Dr. Menger and his team can perform various tests to determine the cause of Dry Eyes. These tests include:
- Comprehensive eye examination
- Measuring the volume of tears
- Determining the quality of tears
Depending on the results, Dr. Menger will tailor a treatment plan consists for the Dry Eyes treatment condition which may include:
- Artificial tear drops
- Contact solution for Dry Eyes
- Tear stimulating drugs
- Eye drops made from patient’s own blood
- Surgical procedure to close the tear ducts in case of overflowing
- Use of special contact lenses
- Oil glands unblocking
- Light therapy
- Eyelid massage
Tests, eye exams, proper treatment plan along with regular checkups will effectively cure the symptoms of Dry Eyes and give you healthier eyes with a long lasting vision into the future.