Get freedom to see clearly with Contact Lens
Book An Appointment!
What is a Contact Lens?
A contact lens is a naturally clear, thin, curved lens placed directly on the surface of your eye to allow for better eyesight. Today, contact lens are utilized by several individuals for both treatment and aesthetic purposes. At Menger Eye Centre, we provide contact lens in a variety of colors, varying shapes, and styles to meet every individual need.
Types of Contact Lenses
Contact lenses are produced in various materials; soft, rigid and hybrid lenses. Several types of contact lenses exist today, including;
- Corrective Contact Lenses; known as multifocal and monovision,both used to improve vision
- Cosmetic Contact Lenses; utilized to change the appearance of the eye
- Therapeutic scleral lenses: utilized to improve vision, reduce pain and light sensitivity caused by eye injuries
- Therapeutic soft lenses; commonly utilized to treat any injury of the eye.
Who can wear Contact Lenses?
Since contact lenses are a highly sought option for vision correction amongst patients of all ages, at Menger Eye Centre, we treat visual impairments and prescribe contact lens to patients in need of them. Dr. Peter Menger is a highly skilled ophthalmologist with extensive experience in the diagnosis and treatment of various eye related disorders. In contemporary society, contact lenses are requested purely for cosmetic and novelty purposes, such as enhancing or changingone’s hue of the eyes. At Menger Eye Centre, we prescribe all types of contact lenses, regulated by the FDA, as a treatment option to people with poor vision. Undergoing a through eye exam is necessary since contact lenses can cause complications, such as an infection or inflammation in the eye which could lead to complete loss of vision.
Caring for your Contact Lens
In order to maintain your vision and health, at Menger Eye Centre, we prioritize the well-being of our patients and provide the best ways to help prevent any complications. These include;
- Consulting with your ophthalmologist before deciding on opting for contact lens
- Purchasing contact lenses from a legitimate source
- Contact lenses are manufactured and prescribed for a certain wear schedule, therefore keeping your contact lenses clean and replacing them is vital to achieving good health
Practicing and maintaining good hygiene approaches can improve the overall health and vision of your eyes.